Name:
Location: Currently Indiana, United States

I'm a single woman that currently lives in Indiana where I grew up, but am anxiously waiting to move back to Montana. Til then I'm trying to learn to Let Go, Let Live, and Let God.

Monday, September 12, 2005

New Blog / First Book


So some of you may know I have another general blog. You all can check that one out as well. I thought since I love to read though, and do so much of it that it might be fun to do a separate type of book review blog. Here is the idea . . . To read a new book about every week, and post a review on it with a general idea of what it was about, and how I liked the book. Plus then anyone else who may have read the book can also post any comments and their feedback on the book. I also plan to have links to any of the general author's websites if available. Now I just finished reading all the books by my current favorite author, Francine Rivers. I will put up a link to her website, so you all can check her out since I will not be reviewing any of her books anytime soon unless she (crosses fingers) comes out with a new one.

What I just started reading, and will start out with is "Monster". This is Frank Peretti's newest book. He is a well known Christian fiction author. This is the first book I will have read by him, and I have heard he is very good. I have only read the first few chapters of "Monster" so far, but so far I am really enjoying it. If the book keeps going well I think I will really enjoy the rest of his books as well. Although I don't know if he can top Francine Rivers. LOL We shall see! So more to come as get through "Monster".

4 Comments:

Blogger loren said...

Hello Amanda,

Welcome to blogging! I guess I have the honor of the first comment to I wanted to say Hi. I hope the Lord blesses your blogging times.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Thanks loren! It's amazing the connections I have already made since I started my first Blog, Montana Mana. God has done awesome things!

7:13 PM  
Blogger The Scrutinator said...

Amanda,

Great idea for a blog. Monster's a book I've been wanting to read. It sounds like this is your first Peretti book? Si? (If so, I won't ask if this is as good as his others. But I'm betting it is.)

-Jim

8:31 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hey Jim! Yes, this was my first Peretti book. I'm just getting ready to write my review on it. It was good, but if you've read his other stuff, I'ver heard it's quite different from his other books. I've picked up two more of his books this weekend, and I'm debating over reviewing one of them next, or finishing up a book called "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller. We'll see.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home