Name:
Location: Currently Indiana, United States

I'm a single woman that currently lives in Indiana where I grew up, but am anxiously waiting to move back to Montana. Til then I'm trying to learn to Let Go, Let Live, and Let God.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Blue Like Jazz


I know I just finished reading "Obsessed" by Ted Dekker a couple of days ago, but I also just finished reading "Blue Like Jazz" by Don Miller. It was a book I started a while ago to read at work during slow days, but then things got busy, and I had to put it down for a while, but I really had been wanting to finish it because it was an awesome book. Well I finished it, and yes, it continued through the end to be an awesome. Now this is a non-fiction book unlike everything else I have been reading lately. Don Miller is an exceptional writer in my opinion. "Blue Like Jazz" is funny, but with a serious side to it. It is very easy to read an understand. He talks a lot about growing up in a Christian home, and what it meant to him being a Christian, and then about Christian Spirituality. His struggles with it. Times when he had doubts, and how he had questions. Also with people he related to that were not Christians, which is why I think the book is sub-titled "non-Christian views on Christians Spirituality". He also spent a lot of time at Reed College or University, which was very much a non-Christian atmosphere, and interacted with the students there, so there is a lot in the book with his experiences there. It was just very interesting to see how he does relate to the struggles and questions that I know we all, as Christians do have, and also how he relates with the every day interactions with his non-Christian friends and peers. It's a great book that I highly recommend to everyone. It's not real long either, and it's very entertaining. I'm very excited about reading some of his other books that he has out. He also has an awesome website as well that I found, and have put a link to it at the left. I have discovered that he is going to be doing some type of presentation or appearance here in Indiana on November 3rd that I am hoping to attend if I can. I think it would be very interesting. So again I encourage everyone to check out "Blue Like Jazz" by Don Miller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home